At last - people seeking help from a psychologist can get a good rebate from Medicare.
Here's what has to happen:
- See your GP and ask for a referral to a psychologist based on a GP Mental Health Care Plan (item 2710)
- You may be eligible for up to 12 sessions of individual psychological counseling per year (Please note: A gap may be charged by your psychologist).
- Download a Fact Sheet from the Australian Psychological Society website.
What makes you eligible?
Problems which significantly interfere with an individual's cognitive, emotional or social abilities. These include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Phobic disorder
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Adjustment disorder
- Unexplained somatic complaints
- Sexual disorders
- Conduct disorder
- Bereavement disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Panic disorder
- Alcohol use disorders
- Drug use disorders
- Mixed anxiety and depression
- Sleep problems
- Hyperkinetic (attention deficit) disorder
- Enuresis (non-organic)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Mental disorder, not otherwise specified
Any questions: Phone Dr Janet Hall and Associates on 03 9419 3010